Thursday 23 September 2010

New York video

Today we were given a folder of animated pictures of new york, we put together a movie of about 1:30minutes from all these clips with different transitions between each one then put music to it, this is a link to my clip. 
http://vimeo.com/15453767


We had to create credits for the animation on photoshop which we then edited onto the video on final cut. We used different transitions for the credits to come in. I mostly used the push slide and box slide transition for the credits. I think this worked well on the video  and made the credits look similar to those fond during the beginnning of a film. I think if I was creating the credits again i would have taken extra to make sure they were all central to the screen when writing them on photoshop as some are in different positions than others. I'd also change the colour from white to something more eye catching as in a couple scenes it is hard to read the credits due to a bit of the background being white too. 
We created our music on garage band which I found fun listening to what kinds of music work together and which kinds don't.  I enjoyed experimenting with different genres of music for the clip. I decided to try find some feel good music to the video, something i could imagine being at a start to a good film to put you in the mood for it to start. 
When editing the video i added some effects so that scenes would play on top of each other, i am satisfied with the effects used for this. I think the technique where the state of liberty fades on top of another scene of new york is effective as I think it clarifies that the city is new york in america.



Stephen Taylor new york video from cmdiploma on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment