Monday 7 February 2011

Research. Planning. Digipack

Today i've been looking at album covers from other pop artists to help me design the covers for my digipack.
I went on dafonts.com to help me find a font for the album as the type of font you use is very important, I've downloaded a variety to keep my options open when designing the Digipack.
The typical pop album cover would have a picture of the artist posing on the front, and then the same at the back but perhaps enlarged or made smaller to fit in with the information.
I think doing something along these lines would be good, but also i want to expand my idea's further, such as perhaps making the digipack to do with the chosen song, i.e the album name is 3 chord love song, i could have a picture of a heart with musical notes coming out of it, or the a picture of the artist(me or someone else pretending to be the artist) playing guitar with just 3 chords.
Another idea involving those two idea's was, a picture with of a red rose and an acoustic guitar.
I want to have the lyrics to the song in my digipack, i decided to use the 6 panel digipack. I could try mix a picture of a guy(pretending to be Toni Coury) holding a rose, to resemble that the songs in the album will be about love.

Dispite Taio Cruz being classed as pop r&b i think this video here and the colours used in it represent pop very well, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eZaXw39cO0&feature=player_embedded#, i'd like to use some colours and background like the ones they have used in this video in our music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment