Thursday 7 April 2011

Evaluation task 1. Magazine Advert and Digipack

I created this on photoshop, it shows conventions between my album advert and other album adverts. 
My advert, in a similar way to professional album adverts,  highlights stores such as hmv where the album can be purchased, as well as internet sites where it can be downloaded from, such as itunes and amazon. The adverts all have pictures of the artist on and this is the main attraction of the advert. My advert has a large picture of me (Tino Coury), another example of a convection I have used with the album advert. 





All the album covers here have a picture of the artist posing with the artist name and album name written on. 
I particularly think the conventions of these two album covers resemble mine. In the Jesse Maccartney album he is sitting down in a similar pose to mine; he isn't smiling but he doesn't look sad. Perhaps he looks like he is deep in thought, a bit like the picture I have as my cover? The same goes for the expression on Micheal Buble's album. In Michael Bubles album they use a different colour and font for the artist name and album name; I have done that with mine too. I tried to make the artist name look more personal with a hand written kind of font. 
Unfortunately I couldn't find any third panels or extra panels from pop albums on google or other websites so I went through my stash of old albums, but quickly realised that I didn't own any pop albums! In my Rage against the Machine and Early Strokes album however, I noticed that the bands website and lyrics were used as their third panel! I decided to do the same, using both lyrics and website as my third panel. 
I think this album cover of Micheal Buble is in many ways similar to my extra panel, as it is showing the artist perfoming.


I managed to find a few back covers of pop albums on google; the conventions of these are similar to mine. They all include a bar code, a picture of the artist and in print the record label that helped release the album. The album tracks are listed a bit like the ones listed in the Justin Beiber album, going down the side of the page.  


My product used many conventions of real media products. My digipack, for example, used themes from the pop genre. I matched the convections by using images of the artist posing with colouring effects to create that pop feel. I used my third panel on my digipack to relate to the music video by using the lyrics of the song and a picture of the artist singing.

No comments:

Post a Comment