Tuesday 5 April 2011

Evalution task 2






We completed our ancillary tasks before shooting our music video and decided that I was going to be the main performer. This meant that I had to have a photoshoot for our digipacks to get appropriate pictures in the style of male pop stars. Both our music video and digipack has the artist throughout. This also links to my album promotion poster which has an image with the artist on. It is common for artists and bands to look directly into the camera when posing for an album cover or advert. This usually gives them a more aggressive feel.  In contrast, in my advert and digipack we deliberately didn't have me looking at the camera, in order to show that the artist had a sensitive side. 
I did a lot of research into pop music, pop album covers, and male pop artists that sound similar to 'Tino Coury'. Mainly all pop album covers have a picture of the artist on the front, and usually a midshot close-up of them posing. I thought about the target audience when completing the digipack, and in the end I decided that mainly teenage girls would be targeted. We focussed on this target audience when creating the digipack, promotion poster and music video. By looking at my digipack the audience would be able to tell that the cd and music video were genre pop. When you open my digipack up the third panel has a picture from the video in. With the other images used you would be able to tell it was from our music video. 


I got feedback from other students on whether my digipack and music video worked well together. Feedback told me that they fitted well together, both giving out a male pop star theme and a sense of emotion through out the video and digipack.

No comments:

Post a Comment