Wednesday 9 March 2011

Construction. TODAY'S FILMING OF OUR MUSIC VIDEO!

This morning i woke up dreading performing our song '3 chord love song' I had actually been practicing lip syncing it in front of the mirror....Shameful. Yet i think it helped a lot as i really wanted to put my all into it to make it the best video possible for us!
I had managed to book the junction as my friend Gary is the manager and did us a massive favour by taking the day off to help organise it all for us! 
I brought three big bags with three different outfits, strobe lighting and a lyric book from one of my old bands for the shot when i am writing the lyrics.


It took us about 4 hours to get all the footage we needed. 
We shot it more times than i can remember which is a very good thing! We must have used around 10 different kinds of angle shots, my favourite being the crane that i made scott(person filming me perfome do)
To do this shot he literally picked the camera up by tripod and tracked around me. Another shot i think will hopefully look good is the shot from the ladder that we put on stage, this is a very high angle shot and hopefully the range of different shot types we used will help us editing.
In each performance i really 'lip synced' my heart out trying to perform as much as i possibly could! 
The only thing we changed during the filming was the number of outfits i had on, i now only have two because if i had changed while performing it would have looked like a jump cut.
We also added our story line to the video, we now have a girlfriend and boyfriend having a big fight so that they break up, then the artist(Tiono Coury) (me) is writing her a love song trying to win her and in the end he does.


In the end i really enjoyed performing the song and i think the lighting worked well with the verses and chorus. 
We had our friend Doug as the rapper he had to learn the rap so he did a good job too! 













No comments:

Post a Comment